1953: President Lindsay
In 1953, Harry Bentley retired from his position as President of the Bentley School. He became President Emeritus, passing the torch to Maurice Monroe Lindsay, an alum of the school who had worked as an instructor since the 1920s.
Mr. Lindsay was a dedicated educator, and was much beloved by his students. In fact, one of the first acts of the Alumni Association (established in 1955) was to honor Lindsay's contributions to the school.
In addition to his work as a teacher, Maurice Lindsay navigated the school through another enrollment dip during the Korean War, and laid much of the groundwork for the school's accreditation and move to Waltham.
Lindsay was also known for being a prolific painter in his spare time. Many of his paintings were gifted to the college and are still here today. Others were auctioned, sold, or donated to support the Maurice Lindsay Scholarship Fund.